Honorable Mentions and Top 3

onsdag 23 januari 2013

DT SweScrapbook: Fly high with Magnolia!

Today I'd like to show you a card I made lifting the talented Ulrika Wandler over at SweScrapbook. She's such a sweetheart and she always inspires me with sketches, layouts and cards. My interpretation of her card is very far from the original - I took bits'n pieces and made my own card....


I have lifted the colors, the rounded shapes, the plane in Edwins hands will symbolize the clear blue sky in Ulrika's card. The tree is for the nature feel I got from looking at Ulrika's card.

I was scrapping with a couple of friends and I felt that I had finished my card - even without flowers but like a friend of mine said - there is always room for flowers so I had to put some on when I got home. It did look more complete with them in place ;-D


Here is a close up on little Edwin with his plane. I colored using Copics this time...



The sentiment is from Vilda and the diecut sign is a Spellbinder. The tree behind is from Memory Box. The papers are from Maja Design.


I'm adding my card to these challenges:
Cards for Men - Transport
Allsorts Challenge - Flower Power
Here come the Boys - Bingo (blue, die cut, patterned paper)
Magnolia-licious Challenge - Photo Inspiration (I took out the trees and the blues sky)
Marvelous Magnolias - New Beginnings (beginning a new year as one year older... a BIG thing for a 6 yo *lol*)
Midweek Magnolias - Anything goes


Thank you all for looking today!! Have a fantastical and crafty day!

13 kommentarer:

Brigitte sa...

Beautiful card!!!! Your colouring is awesome and I love all the details and how you explained them! Bravo! Thanks for joining us this week at Marvelous Magnolia and we hope to see you again next challenge. Hugs, Brigitte

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. sa...

This Edwin is my favourite, but I don't have this stamp.
Your card is amazing.
Love the colours and your sketch.
Hugs from sLOVEnija Tamara

Maritha sa...

Meeeen det här är ju bara såååå himla fint ju...oj oj....ett riktigt toppenkort!! =)

Kramen

Grethe sa...

Herlig kort, i herlige farger!! Og så utrolig lekkert som du har fargelagt, skulle virkelig ønske at jeg kunne fargelegge slik...


Anna sa...

Vilket härligt kort!!!Edwin är såå fint målad, gillar hur du har gjort håret :)

Kramis

Chris_P sa...

Superfint kort!!!

Craftnut sa...

Thans for joining us at Allsorts this week tracy x

Lisa Sjöström sa...

Jättefint kort i superhärliga färger, riktigt vårigt! Stämpeln är också sååå söt :)
Tack för att du deltar hos Midweek Magnolia´s den här veckan!
Kram, Lisa

Mandz sa...

Lovely card, Great for our Bingo Challenge at HCTB's, thanks for joining us, Mandz xox

Candy sa...

Hello,
What a great card. We see so little of Edwin, and this is one of my favourites :o)
I really like the layout of your card. It is quite striking! Edwin is coloured wonderfully. I am so happy you have joined us at Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog.
Thank you,
Hugs, Candy
Magnolia-licious Designer

Lisa sa...

Beautiful card with fantastic colouring on the Edwin image. Thank you for joining us at Here Come The Boys xx

Lisa Jane sa...

This is so cute -love the die cuts
Thanks for joining us at Cards for men this fortnight
Lisa x

Tami G sa...

So adorable. Love the layout

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails